Sunday, July 22, 2012

Toufayah's Birth Story!

Adam Joseph ~
Born 7/22/2012 @ 39wks 5days ~ Weighing 6lbs 11oz @ 19in long

 I was in labor for 21 hours...19 of which was was done naturally. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get my NUCB that I was hoping for, but it's okay. My contractions were excruciatingly painful, however they weren't effective enough at opening up my cervix, so I was stalled at 2, then 3 cm for FOREVER (it took 19 hours to get to a 4, by which time I was exhausted, so they told me they were going to start me on pitocin...that made the contractions unbearable for me, so I asked for an epi...I practically fell asleep while my body quickly dialated to a 10 in the next hour and a half...it was heavenly LOL). I only had to push three times, OB had to cut an episotomy, and Adam was out and on my tummy!! I will never forget the moment I first saw him <3

No comments:

Post a Comment